Maybe the following must be consider as separate task:
May 30 2018
May 22 2018
In this case, it was provided by GraphHopper.
Ok, great I tested, works fine now.
May 21 2018
May 20 2018
This is about 37% deviation to the value we/Google compute, so I wouldn't show it unless <10-15%. At the same time I guess for flatter rides the deviation is less.
I don't have a strong decision. I let you decide.
GraphHopper API was updated, with a significant improvement, but still not as accurate as we would like. @jose Do you think we can display GraphHopper values now ?
May 14 2018
Ideas from discussion with Jose:
- Use single color for all 4 levels. Vary the width with level
- Use different color for bicycle and MTB.
- Use dashed line for unpaved road.
- Have the layer selection menu open by default
- Show by default first 2 levels (international and national)
- Do not write cycle route number icons or names on the map. Makes the map too complicated. Instead, make routes clickable to bring this information.
- Add green ways in Spain. See GPX files on Drive.
- Add "green bike" icon for start point of green ways.
May 13 2018
First shot visible on dev:
May 12 2018
Some questions before considering design?
- Do the routes you downloaded have an attribute for info, like a website (ECF...) ? If not, could this be added by us?,
Thinking about allow to the user get information about the route by clicking on the route?
May 11 2018
I've extracted all cycling routes from OpenStreetMap, including regional and local routes. Now comes the design part. @jose Do you have an opinion how we should display this data ?
May 10 2018
May 7 2018
May 6 2018
Another example, from Martigny to Finhaut over Col de La Forclaz.
May 5 2018
Apr 30 2018
Apr 4 2018
Another website that may be consider for this task,
Mar 11 2018
Feb 2 2018
Jan 17 2018
Nov 13 2017
Nov 1 2017
Jul 27 2017
so let's start with icn and ncn worldwide.
OSM has a network attribute for cycling routes, with 4 possibles values:
We already discussed it in mail (below) the main point was : what is a "cycling route"?,and if we should not start only with national roads, because if you look to Belgium in OSM it looks like this:
Jul 26 2017
Open Street Map is a worldwide source for cycling routes. See for example this website using OSM data: https://www.opencyclemap.org/
Jun 2 2017
May 29 2017
No, no reason, I did that team could easily see in my mail what i was talking about
I remove access now.
May 26 2017
Any reason why you set edit permissions on this folder to public ? Somebody outside Bikewithme needs to add data there ? I advice against setting any folder on our Drive to public access.